William James

William James
We must get by on what truth we have today, and be willing to call it error tomorrow.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Why I Usually Do Not Look Forward To LDS General Conference

When asked in 2009 whether I was looking forward to general conference, I responded:

I am not really looking forward to conference. The talks are all too often peppered with references about how evil the world is. While there is definitely evil in the world, a person taking these talks at face value would probably come away with the impression that there is more evil in the world than good. I strongly disagree, and I much prefer to hear uplifting talks that resonate with my sense of reason. Occasionally that happens at General Conference, and when it does, I am so glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment